The Telluride community has a depth of world-class entrepreneurial talent in its midsts, from full-time residents to second home owners and frequent visitors. They include founders of billion-dollar companies, board members of public companies, and experts in many industry sectors including the TVA focus areas.
Every mentor brings an invaluable perspective on starting and growing a business, plus an extensive professional network. Above all, they are committed to the TVA companies, generously giving their time and leveraging their experience for your success.
The Telluride Venture Accelerator invites entrepreneurs and subject matter experts each year to serve as entrepreneurs-in-residence. The main benefit to our participants is that they serve as mentors – providing workshops and intensive one-on-one consulting both during their focused visits on location and through ongoing sustained relationships. If you are interested in being an EIR or mentor – please contact us!
Why Mentors Mentor
- Someone, at some point in their career, mentored them.
- They’re looking for investment opportunity.
- It’s fun & rewarding. They know a lot about the space / starting a company and it’s fun to help another company succeed.
- They want to invest time in improving their entrepreneurial community/make their town/region an entrepreneurial hub.
- The networking component. They want to meet other interesting, smart people.
- They’re looking for their next gig.
Important Considerations When Choosing To Mentor Startups
- Time commitment
- Conflicts of interest
- Policies and procedures
- Mentoring best practices and experiences
- Mentor Policy
Opportunities for mentor engagement
- Recruitment of companies
- In the selection process
- One-off meetings
- Ongoing assistance
- Advisory Boards
- How does TVA maintain mentor interest
- Understanding mentor interests and time availability
- Providing orientation and opportunities to engage with other mentors in
- Workshops, panels and mentor shortchats
Types of Mentors
- Window dressing